Wichtige Tipps für WordPress.com-Blogs
Web and marketing designer Matt Sweeny builds websites on WordPress.com for a range of clients, including a landscape and design service, a cheese company at holiday markets, a public relations firm for toy manufacturers and retailers, and an indie folk band.
Here, Matt shares a bit about how — and why — he uses WordPress.com, offering quick tips on building a homepage, finding a theme, and using widgets.
What, to you, are the essential elements of a homepage?
A homepage should have:
- a kick-ass design
- a title or branding logo to identify the website immediately
- text that describes the purpose of the website (which is important so the site shows up in search results)
- a place for visitors to search the site’s content
- a menu or navigation to other pages on the site (including links to terms and privacy if it’s a commercial website)
- a form where visitors can…
Ursprünglichen Post anzeigen 616 weitere Wörter